Hello and Welcome to Happy Mama Life! This is my series for the Write 31 Days Challenge and I’m calling it 31 Days to a Happy Home.
Day 2 –
Hello friends! Thanks for coming back for day 2 – Let’s jump in!
Anyone who starts a business, a ministry, or even just plans a vacation somewhere, has a vision and a plan. Today we’re going to talk about a vision for your home. You might not have ever thought about it, but starting with what you want your home to be like and envisioning that is the first step.
So what IS a happy home? It could mean different things for different people. So what would YOUR happy home look like?
I want you to think about what your “Perfect home” would look like. I know you’re thinking “Wait a minute! Didn’t you say this wasn’t about having a perfect home?” Yes. You’re right, I did say that. And I mean it. But stick with me for a couple of days so we can work through this vision process.
A “Perfect” home for me would mean a couple of things:
- Fresh, clean, uncluttered space
- Laundry and dishes done every day
- Everything cleaned on a regular basis
- Pantry and fridge well stocked with healthy foods (and my kids actually eat them)
- My kids listen, obey, and play well together, and help with chores around the house
- Dinner is cooked every night in a relaxed fashion and I have everything I need at my fingertips.
- Paperwork is completed and organized
- We spend time enjoying outdoors, reading books, cuddling on the couch, and playing with the kids with toys they love
I could go on. But those are some things that I would envision as a perfect house. We’ll talk tomorrow about going from “perfect ideal” to reality, so I hope you’ll come back for that! But today take a few minutes and make your list of what would be a perfect home. I would love it if you shared it in the comments!